Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weary Warriors...


Thank y'all for letting me babble on yesterday about the wonder that is any red carpet event =)  I am not one to mince words and I think I could've kept babbling on yesterday if not for that pesky need to do other piddly stuff... like buy groceries. Well... In case I completely wore you out yesterday, today's ramblings might help that some =)

I know that I am NOT the only one who ever has those days where you are just flat worn out.  You just feel like someone has pulled the plug on every storehouse of energy - spiritual, physical, and emotional - that you have.  While I joke about my longwinded need to breakdown every sequin and piece of spandex on the red carpet yesterday being exhausting, we would only be so lucky if my rambling was the most difficult thing we encountered.  There are days that feel like they are concocted of 24 hours of struggle and not much rest and, sometimes, those days seem to string themselves together into seasons of struggle that leave us just. plain. weary.

In moments and seasons of fatigue, it brings comfort to know that our King and Saviour is aware that this life would, on occasion, take it all out of us.  He knew there would be moments of complete and utter exhaustion and, in His lovingkindness, He spoke to those days, hours, and seasons over and over again in the Word.

If the sun rose today on one of those days or seasons of weariness, I pray the verses below bring comfort to a tired heart and begin to resuscitate an exhausted soul.  Let the truth of these promises be a balm to your spirit.  Meditate on them. Read them aloud (Seriously.... reading them aloud is a powerful tool!)  Write them down and post them on your mirror or by your bed.  However you need to, soak them in.  Your king knew there would be tired days, burned out moments, and weary hearts.  He knew and He didn't leave you to figure it out alone......


“Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest…” 
~ Matt. 11:28

" I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety..." ~ Psalm 4:8

"The Lord replied," My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
~ Ex. 33:14

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever..."
~ Ps. 73:26

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and salvation; He is my fortress.  I will never be shaken."
~ Psalm 62:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!