Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Birchbox Review



I can't even begin to express how much I LOVE Birchbox - A monthly delivery of cosmetics?? Yes please! Getting that pink box in the mail is like Christmas!  If you are unfamiliar with Birchbox, let me fill you in on this wonder of the cosmetic world =)  If you know what I'm jabbering about, feel free to skip on to the review of this months products.

 For $10 , you receive a set of samples in the mail every month!  Usually I get between 4 - 6 moderately sized samples and they are almost always product lines I've never tried.  You can even go on and review the products you've received and earn points that can be spent like cash on full sized products. Recently, I know Birchbox has caught a little flack for always sending "perfumes" and "measly sizes"and, to that, I have to say, while I do tend to get lots of perfume and moisturizer samples, I find the products they send to be great!  Not to mention that their customer service is stellar and I think that counts for alot =)  They products even come in the most fabulous brown boxes that are super reusable!

Okey dokey... this month's box was RIIIIGHT up my alley as it was themed on - drum roll please - 
preparing for your own personal red carpet =) Perfect huh? Ok, here we go....


Color Club Fiesta Collection in Wild Cactus

We all know that I have an obsession with nail polish so I am pumped for this little beauty! It is a gorgeous bright green and I actually don't have anything like it!  I sampled it on my thumb just to see how many coats it needed and found that I got a great, opaque color after two solid coats.  I've used Color Club before and found it to be a great line overall!






Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

This little wonder is a multi functional Beauty Balm that uses its SPF 25 to protect skin and, at the same time, covers blemishes and corrects uneven skin tone.  It contains all sorts of magical wonder chemicals that are supposed to improve your skin with use!  Beauty Balms are becoming alllll the rage so I'm stoked for this one!





Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
First, let's give a shout out to the pretty black & red bottle shall we? Pretty packaging goes far with me =) This little wonder may be my favorite thing in the package this month! It is a leave in mist that conditions, protects hair from heat and sun, AND detangles.  AND the bottle is pretty. What else do ya need?

Juicy Couture La La Fragrance

Okey dokey....In the spirit of full disclosure, I should share that I am not usually a huge fan of anything Juicy Couture - especially not their clothes.  They are a little flashy for my taste BUT this was ok.  I love that it comes in its own little atomizer!  I don't think I'd buy this particular fragrance (its a smidge too floral) but I'll use the sample =)

Bonus!  This month included a yummy treat....
Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Squares!

Do you get Birchbox or do you use another monthly beauty sample club? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!