Thursday, February 21, 2013

He is not overwhelmed...Thoughtful Thursday

I ADORE my job. 

Like - LOOOOVE with all capital, blinking letters.  

There are countless things that I adore about the place I spend my days.... Besides the beautiful clothes and other various lovelies, it is a faith based business and I am surrounded by Jesus day in and day out.  Late last year, we began a prayer wall in the store and I can't even adequately express what a blessing it has been.



There is a lot of hurt and burden and need out in the world on a daily basis, people - A. LOT. I think I knew that logically but to see a segment of it all written out and corraled into one area of the world can truly take my breath away. 

 It can be too much.  

I stand and look and...simply.... I am overwhelmed.  

In recent days, the wall has become so full....the MULTIPLE prayer needs dangling from each nail.  Illness, lost loved ones, salvation, babies, jobs, living situations... some are scrawled in the misshapen letters that come from a child's pen and other are written by desperate parents and friends who are furiously searching for a moment of relief, intervention, and breakthrough.  The list is staggering and as I looked and read and "listened" to each voice tell me their story....

I am overwhelmed.

I am overwhelmed at the hurt.  I am overwhelmed at the level of need....overwhelmed at desperate heart who need a miracle to pull through.  In a still moment of prayer, a gentle voice speaks to my heart...

"I am not overwhelmed."

Oh Lord.... How good you are.  He is never overwhelmed at our needs.  We can NEVER reach the end His ability to hear and handle our hurts.  He is NEVER tapped our and never - EVER - do our prayers fall on deaf ears.

"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.  There, we will receive mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."
~ Hebrews 4:16 ~

What is the need that is hidden deeply in your heart today?  Approach your loving, gracious Savior today with boldness.  He is waiting for you... ready to meet you with boundless mercy and endless grace just when you need it most.

He is never overwhelmed...









Updated 2/28/13 - Linking up here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!