Monday, February 11, 2013

My thoughts of the Red Carpet...

Oh the Grammy's... I am not sure where to start. As my blog name suggests, I LOOOVE me any chance to see celebs in their fancy fancies and strutting it for the world to see! Before last nights show the Grammy people (that is their official title) released a statement asking all attendees to "tone it down" a bit and, you know, try and wear complete garments that cover all their bits and pieces. The little rebel in me couldn't wait to see who completely snubbed that and showed up in their drawers - I'm looking at you Lady Gaga. Anyway, without further adieu and because I am sure you are BEYOND eager for my imput, here are my random collection of thoughts on last nights Grammy's Red Carpet....

Beyonce.... 
This little pantsuit situation was a little bit of a disappointment for me. Granted, she may still be chilly from the underwear she wore at the superbowl but - pants?? Really? I felt like this was something that we might see her photographed in any other random day of the week... She looked great and all but where was Sasha Fierce?? On a positive note, her make-up was flawless and I'm fairly sure she could wear a paperbag and still make me jealous of her figure.
 Rihanna....
Girl. RiRi looked FAB-U-LOUS. Her red carpet dress was beautiful but my favorite look of the whole night for her was the ab baring number she wore for the Bob Marley tribute. If my abs looked like that, the girls I worked with would be forced to look at them daily =) I loved her hair, her make-up... and, in full disclosure, "I love what Rihanna is wearing" is a phrase I have used rarely never.

Kimbra...
 I can't adequately express how much I want to be BFF's with this girl. Seriously.  I don't know if I could get my left leg in that dress but oh how I want to try.  Some people found it to be a little ridiculous but - IT'S THE GRAMMY'S. I think she had fun with her look while still managing to look like a lady =) So there.  I love how vintage it looks and think she knocked it out of the park with her makeup and hair choice.  AND (I guess I reeeeeally likes this one...) , when she accepted her Grammy from Prince I thought she looked wonderful and that their speech was the best we heard.  I mean... I wouldn't want to meet Prince in a meat suit OR my underwear.

Kaley Cuoco....
This was pants done right for me =) She looked SO rock and roll and I loved every. single. thing. about her red carpet look.  I'd officially call this my FAVORITE - I am sure In Style has been waiting with baited breath for me to decide that =) The sequined blazer is to die for and let's take a close up of the mani and clutch....Be still my heart.


Now that I've turned this into the longest Grammy post known to man, let me leave you with a few tidbits that are just worth mentioning...



Stay tuned.... The Baftas were also last night and they were a a fountain of daring fashion and pink hair.... Love our British friends =)  Also, I'm linking up my Grammy randomness with the fab Carissa... Join in =)

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!