Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How to we feel about press on nails?

Okey dokey....

So it's getting a tad late here in Nashvegas but I am still awake pondering the deepest concepts in the universe...

And by that I mean that I am thinking long and hard about press on nails.

Ok.

So 1994 (or so) brought the huuuge trend of Lee Press on Nails.... Example:

Loooovely right?

And I am not going to pretend that I didn't try them out at some point in my angsty preteen years.

Well, fast forward a bit to a converstion I had with a fabulous and - might I add - stylish lady...
I was admiring her fabulous FLORESCENT nail color when she dropped a bomb on me.

The nails were fake - FAKE!

And by "fake" I don't mean glue on but good old fashioned press on nails.
I was speechless - which never happens!

So, I did a little research and it seems like the press on nail trend has rebounded and caught up to 2013
=)

Let me introduce you to our new found friend:

Impress Press On Manicure

They seem SO fabulous and are most definitely not the cheapy plastic of yesteryear!

I haven't PERSONALLY tried them YET but a dear real life AND bloggy friend (Hellllloooo Elly!) did and they were a HIT!!  She is seriously the most style savvy person I know in real life so I trust her opinion without question...She used the super bright pink ones and they were A-MAZING!
I think I stared at her hands (in a non-creepy way? Is that's possible...) most of the day...

A couple fun facts that she shared with moi:

* Buy the short ones... Even the short ones are long and need filing down.

* They were able to come off pretty easily  - which was the part I was worried about! Apparently, the package tells you to put a little nail polish remover around the edges of the nails and let it sit for a few minutes, then peel them off.... She was able to get the off suuuper easily!

So lovelies - have any of you tried them?? Thoughts??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!