Friday, August 20, 2010

Visitors Y'all!

I LOVE having people come and visit!! I love having a slew of people to cook for and entertain! My favorite thing about company is getting to show off this FABULOUS city we call home =) I pride myself on being a fountain of historical tidbits - some, I'll admit, are left over from 3rd South Carolina history and may or may not be a little fuzzy....And by "fuzzy" I mean "made up"....

( *ahem - I also appreciate that a visit from the right person might land me at a good local outlet mall that has no significant historical value but does have a Gap... company = right-to-shop)

My fabulous California girl of a cousin and her new hubby have come to town and I have had a blasty blast playing Scarlette O'Hara Tour Guide Extroidanaire =) We spent some time the other day at a local plantation.....


Um....So THAT is a house =) We did a tour of the house, which was SUPER interesting and, unlike my tours of the Lowcountry, not riddled with semi made up folklore =)

There were so many beautiful details in this house....These were some of my favorites.....



Yay for fancy Southern houses....now - to convince my husband that a portico like that would look stellar on our house....

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!