Tuesday, November 11, 2008

His Goodness

So, this may be an elementary one for you but don't you just love it when God reminds us of His goodness to us...

I have just been so aware lately of His overwhelming goodness to me. Some of the reminder was birthed out a breakfast date I had a few weeks ago with a dear friend from college. We hadn't caught up in ages and it was so nice to able to share what had been going on in each other's lives. Well, as I told her all that the Lord has done with me in the past few years, I was simply OVERWHELMED by it all....

I mean, I know that i LIVED it but I don't know the last time I REFLECTED on it...the last time that I just reveled in it and was sufficiently in awe of it!!! The life that I get to get up and live everyday is so precious and so not one that I could have ever even dreamt up for myself! I thought that I had a perfect plan and, boy, was I charging away at the things I thought I wanted and needed....

God, in all His mighty wisdom, steered me away from all of those things and plans and saved me from , what I see now, would have have been a pure mess....or, at the very least, would have been less than He had for me...

and let me tell you......

I am forever grateful.

The title of this here blog is "Life on the Red Carpet".....it came out of a joke with some friends about how I live everyday "on the red carpet" (If you haven't, now is a good time to read the About Me part of this blog....I have a recognizable and borderline unhealthy fascination with all things celebrity....My sweet husband and friends deal with it and pick on me about it but, just for the record, whenever Britney had her breakdown, I was their fountain of knowledge....I digress...) How grateful I will ALWAYS be that the Lord didn't let me settle for just hanging out behind the velvet rope....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!