Tuesday, November 3, 2015

30 Days of Gratefulness - Day 2

Today I got to spend a little time with one of my dearest girlfriends in the Great Girlfriend Mecca - Target.  We wandered, we laughed, we drank coffee, and solved all the world problems before we hit the frozen food aisle.  ( I kid, obviously... We had them solved way before that ;) We perused the Christmas goodies and redecorated our homes a few dozen times with the cool stuff we found.  It was such a wonderful way to spend a few hours and, as I always do when we hang out, I left feeling energized.

I am so thankful for friends - real, honest to goodness friends.  The kind who have seen your ugly and your awesome - maybe in the span of a few minutes! - and love you just as much.  The girls who will set you straight, call you on your crap, offer to bring you soup when you're sick, go with you to try on on jeans AGAIN because the first 2,539 pairs were obviously cut all wrong ;), take up for you in any and every circumstance (maybe even when you're wrong-ish), and general love you like you share a physical blood line.

When we moved from Charleston, I mourned my friendships so much... I missed living and working with my dearest girlfriends and was sure that that was a void that would never be filled.  We had such a wonderful "posse".  We'd head out and run into friends at our favorite places and I often felt a little like I lived in an episode of Cheers.  I was simply SURE I would never have such a thing here in Nashville, there was no way that could ever be repeated.

And you know what... I don't and it hasn't.

And that is ok... Because what I HAVE found here is beautiful and life giving in its own right.  The friendships that I have been gifted in this place and this season are incredible and just what I need.   I have finally learned (and am continuing to learn!)  to be grateful for those and see them for alllllll their beauty.  Though maybe slightly smaller in number than what I left behind, they are have just as much weight in their value.  Comparing what I have now and what I had then robbed me of SO much time building and soaking in these current life changing relationships.  (Comparison is such a time and joy killer....but that's a subject for another day.)  I am so grateful for the friends in my life... all of them, the ones here and the ones there, the ones that are new and the ones that have been around awhile.... and each separate relationship for a million different reasons.

"Thank you Father for the gift of friendships... Thank you that you see fit for us to not walk this journey of life alone but, rather, you desire to give us people to adventure alongside.  Thank you for every nugget of wisdom and truth that each of these friends have spoken into my life and for the fact that, in my slightly hard headedness, they probably had to repeat themselves a time or two and loved me enough to do it =)  Thank you, Jesus, for allowing me to be involved in the ins and outs of their lives and to become a part of their families and that each of them have become part of mine.  I will forever be humbled by the amount of love I feel from each of my friends and how it is just a glimpse here on Earth of how much You love and care for us. I'm so grateful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment! I love hearing from you!!